Title: Gear Shop Forman
Department: Gear Department
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
• Engineer set up info for gear manufacturing equipment.
• Quality plan for running gear jobs
• Ability to set up & operate Shapers, Hobbers & Bevel gear generators & related cutting tool sharpeners. However; we can train the right candidate.
• Responsible for proper operation of gear equipment; routine maintenance, lubrication, cleaning, quality of parts in process, efficiency of machines in processing (Tools are sharp; least downtime between cycles etc.) Aid in other machine shop functions as deemed necessary with in person’s capabilities.
• high school diploma, 5 years operating gear equipment with some machining (manual lathe & mill).
• strong understanding of gear Q.C. functions: measuring lead & profile & what to do to correct out of tolerance parts.
• Set up & operate; 5 years set up experience, some engineering education or, understanding, Tool sharpening experience plus the above.
Abilities required experience.
• Be able to keep several pieces of gear equipment running throughout the day.
• Some Heavy lifting, some strenuous mechanical work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all requirements.
1 week after 1 full year of employment
2 weeks after 3 full years of employment
3 weeks after 10 full years of employment
4 weeks after 20 full years of employmentMedical Insurance:
90 days after employment, up to 5 years
Employer will pay 50% of the premium
Employee will pay 50% of the premium
5-10 years of employment
Employer will pay 67% of the premium
Employee will pay 33% of the premium
Employer will pay 80% of the premium
Employee will pay 20% of the premiumDental Insurance: Delta Dental Insurance
Employer pays ½ of monthly premium
Employee pays ½ of monthly premiumDisability Insurance: Principal Life Insurance (Subject to change)
Short Group Term Life - $25,000.00
Accidental Death & Disability - $25,000.00
Term Disability – up to $500.00 per week (refer to insurance policy)Sick Leave: 2 Paid sick days annually (if not used, paid at the end of the year) 32 hour work week with 36 hours pay: (the 4 hours above 32 are considered to be “Extra”) hours which have to be earned by working 32 hrs per week Profit sharing program based on “Gross Profit” (forth coming) Uniform Rentals are available upon request for employees for a nominal fee.